Weight Loss After 40 we need to be more conscious about our health and diet as many hormonal changes take place inside our body and to avoid any health risk like heart problems, diabetes, blood pressure, cancer etc .after 40 we tend to lose about ½ pound of muscle but gain around half pound of weight every year. This is because our metabolism slows down as the year passes.
For some people age is just a number. So let’s know how to ditch age by Weight Studio’s Dietician Rachna Agrawal:
- Include more calcium and calcium supplements in diet: As bones start to absorb less calcium because of less estrogen include nuts,seeds,low fat dairy products like milk, cheese, cottage cheese and calcium supplements. Lactose intolerant people can get the required amount of calcium from nuts and seeds.
- Be conscious about Digestion Tract: fluctuating hormones can be a reason for bloating or many digestion problems. So to avoid this include more fiber in your diet like whole-grains, fruits and vegetables.
- Increase intake of Soy products: As Soy is rich in plant estrogen it prevents women from the risk of Breast Cancer. So include soy foods like tofu, soy nuts, soy milk etc.
- Monitor your portions: as after 40 our physical activities are reduced so our diet also need to be reduced to avoid extra calories leading to weight gain
- Avoid Junk Food: as they contain more sodium, saturated fats and sugar which tend to increase blood pressure
- Avoid Liquid Sugary drinks: alcohol, coffee, juice, soda can make u feel filled but can lead to weight gain more frequently as it is directly absorbed by the blood. Instead a piece of fruit in your bag every time can solve the purpose of quick food
- Be a Nutty-butty: take unsaturated fats like almonds, pistachios, walnuts, makhane etc. to enhance vitamin absorption and satiation. They are rich in omega 3 fatty acids which are good for heart
- Always take good sleep: As it’s a sign of stressless life which is good for heart.
- Make Yoga your best Friend: as it reduces stress and breathing problems and good for health
- Secret foods: there are some foods which have the anti-ageing properties like
- Oats: rich in beta-glucans, a solublefiber that can help lower the bad cholesterol.
- Fish: omega 3 present in fish can help in lowering down blood pressure and prevents from the risk of irregular heartbeat i.e. Salmon, mackerel, tuna, sardines and herring are different varieties of fish, if eaten on regular basis can reduce the risk of strokes.
- Tomatoes: excellent source of the antioxidant lycopene. They offer high degree protection against the formation and spread of cancer cells as well as protecting arteries from atherosclerosis.
- Cherries: rich source of the antioxidant anthocyanin. Helps in combating in gout and arthritis.
So follow diet and let people guess your age…