Say cheers to Water, Must for Weight loss A transparent,colorless and odorless thing which constitute the seas,rains,oceans,rivers and which is the basis of fluids in all living organisms present on earth.In short Water is life.The one drink which is easily available and the one without which we can’t imagine our life.Water forms the major constitute in our bodies as our body is made up of 60% water.
All systems of our body depend on water for their proper functioning.Inadequacy of water in body leads to dehydration which can bring down our energy levels and we feel tired.Every moment we are losing water from our body by taking breath,sweating and body excretion in form of urine and bowel movements.
The question arises that how much water should a normal person drink? We were told by beginning that a person should have 8 glasses of water per day, but no. Actually quantity of water intake depends on many factors like physical activity,health and the place where you are living.
According to Dietician Rachna Agarwal, a person should drink water 5% of his/her body weight like:
50 kg x 5% = 2.5 litre
60 kg x 5% = 3.0 litre
70 kg x 5% = 3.5 litre
WATER & FOOD
- Always start your day with 2 glasses of water to neutralize the acid produced overnight in your stomach.
- Intake of water should be divided throughout the day.
- Avoid water with your meals.
- Water should be taken half an hour prior to your meals
- Drinking hot water at night helps in improving cardiovascular health and cures most of the diseases.
When to avoid having Water
We tend to crave for water while having our meals but it should not become our habit as it interferes with our digestive system by dissolving the enzymes and stomach acids responsible for the process. While one can prefer to hot beverage while eating food as it helps in transferring food from upper part to digestive track of our body.We should not drink cold water as the energy which should be used for digestion actually directs itself towards heating up of cold water to our body temperatures.
We should not drink water before we go to bed if it leads to disturbance in sleep.
Alcohol & water
Alcohol jams our brain and kidney interconnection and which leads to excess discharge of fluids resulting in dehydration. The perfect way to minimize the alcohol intake is having water between alcoholic drinks. This will help in avoiding temptation of drinking more alcohol by already filling your stomach with water.
Weight loss by water
Water has been traditionally used as a weight loss tool because:
- if it’s chosen over caloric beverage as it makes you feel full without adding calories.
- It can suppress diet when taken half an hour before every meal and again trimming your calories
- Its helps in boosting our workouts by preventing muscle cramps. So you can sweat more and lose more calories
- It easily dissolves non-useful particles and throwing away smoothly from our digestive system. Again making you feel lighter.
Wonders of water
- Reduce Fatigue
- Enhance Nutrient Absorption
- Cellular Protection
- Better Blood Circulation
- Removes Toxins
- Lower Saturated Fat Levels
- Aids in Lowering Cholesterol Levels
- Younger Radiant Skin
- Better Skin Hydration
- Reduce Aging
- Improves Skin Tone
- Improves Muscle Tissues
- Improves Joints Mobility
- Faster Recovery From Physical Workout
Ways to enhance water intake:
- You should have water before any snack or meal
- Choose drink of your choice and have more liquids
- 20% fluid requirement comes from fruits so include more fruits in diet
- Don’t forget to keep a water bottle with you
In brief, water has wonder effects. If you are trying to reduce weight then you can easily rely on water and make water your best friend. It can effectively work as weight loss tool.