Rice & Potato Diets for Weight Loss in India
– Many of us think that eating rice or potatoes can increase our weight faster. So we tend to skip rice and potatoes dishes from our meal. Due to this we also skip nutrients which are present in rice and potatoes.
Per cup protein in rice is 4.5 gm to 5 gm and a single medium to large size potato contain 3 gm protein.
Benefits of eating Rice
Rice a basic food I many parts of India like south and eastern states. A cup of rice contains approx. 230 calories. Rice is almost present in everywhere whether in the form of biryani or rajma chawal, dosa or fish-rice. We feel delighted when we eat rice.
- Rice provides us instant energy , balances and improves bowel movements and digestion system
- Rice is an essential source of vitamin B1 to the human body
- Rice improves skin health and immune system
- Rice boost our metabolism and control high blood pressure
- Having whole grain rice can control blood sugar levels and acts as prevention against chronic diseases like dysentery, cancer and heart disease.
- Don’t drain cooking water of rice because of presence of Vitamin D in it.
Benefits of eating Potatoes:
Potato is the fourth most consumed crop in the world and No.1 vegetable crop in U.S. A medium sized baked potato contains only 110 calories so one can go for weight loss with the tasty version
- Potato is loaded with Vitamin C and B6 manganese, phosphorus, niacin and pantothenic acid.
- Vitamin C in potato act as an anti-oxidant and prevents many diseases
- According to USDA, Potatoes are loaded with phytonutrients, which are organic components of plants which helps in promoting health.
- Phytonutrients in potatoes contains carotenoids, flavonoids and caffeic acid which helps in preventing or delaying cell damage
- Potatoes helps in digestion, heart disease, blood pressure and cancer
- Fiber in potato can help lowering down bad cholesterol by binding with cholesterol in the blood after which we excrete it
- High amount of carbohydrates present in potatoes helps in maintain good level of glucose in the blood which is indispensable for proper functioning of the
- Potassium in potato helps in widening of blood vessels ensuring brain gets enough blood
- Vitamin B6 present in potatoes helps in maintain neurological health. It helps in developing useful brain chemicals, including serotonin, dopamine and norepinephrine, according to the University of Maryland Medical Center.
- Eating potatoes can help people with depression, depression, stress and also attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
How to include rice & potatoes for weight loss:
One should include rice and potatoes in diet regularly but in limited quantities
Boiled rice and potatoes are best if going for weight loss
Baked potato is the tasty and healthy version of having potato
Brown rice or black rice can be used instead of white rice
suggests that don’t avoid rice and potatoes thoroughly from your diet but instead opt for healthier version of both.
So got the idea of shredding weight without sacrificing your favorite rice and potatoes.