How to use ghee to lose weight? Yes its true !but sadly most of the weight watchers believe in a zero fat diet. Fats considerer a Taboo for obese is often eliminated. This further leads to hormonal imbalance (as all hormones are fat based) and makes weight loss next to impossible.
As per nutritional guidelines of the IDA 15-20 % of daily calories should come from fats. It’s the type of fats that is to be considered. Fats are best eaten in the raw form to avail the health benefits of vitamin A, D, E and K and EFA omega 3 and 6. One of the best forms of fat used in Indian cooking is Ghee or clarified butter.
Loaded with health and cooking benefits it is good for the mind and soul too. Ghee once was considered to be bad for health especially heart patients, but resent researches have proved it wrong. It is one of the healthiest fats in your diet.
- It has a high smoke point. Thus it does not break into a free radical on heating like a lot of oils.Contrary to popular belief this prevents blockage in our arteries.
- It is lactose or casein free. As all the milk solids are removed ghee it can be easily eaten by people suffering from lactose intolerance.
- It is rich in fat soluble vitamin A and E.
- Ghee is a rich source of conjugated linoleic acid which is a antioxidant.
- Rich in Butric acid, a short chain fatty acid. This fatty acid plays a major role in maintaining a healthy gut.
- Has anti-inflammatory and anti cancer properties. Helps to cure diseases like crohn’s or ulcerative colitis.
- Ghee helps to stimulate secretion of the gastric juices thus improving our digestion.
- Helps to digest gluten a protein found in wheat. It is very important to apply raw ghee on our chapati for better digestion.
- It helps to promote healthy bones.
Ghee and weight loss!
Yes! Eaten in limited amount ghee can help us loose weight. It is made up of medium chain fatty acids and help to mobilize and burn body fat. As it gives satiety value to food it keeps us full for long and prevents binging. Adding a small tsp to your foods helps to absorb the fat soluble vitamins in our diet which further help in reducing fat % of our body. Constipation a major reason for weight gain can be cured with the intake of ghee.
How to use ghee?
- Add raw ghee to your dal,rice or chapatti
- Sauté all herbs and spices in ghee as it helps to absorb and transport their medicinal values.
- Chose fermented ghee as it has better nutritional status and a good shelf life
- Avoid keeping ghee in direct sunlight as it can make it rancid.
According to ayurveda ghee is one of the most satvic foods and it promotes positivity in our mind and body.
Article written by DtnRachnaagarwal