Fiber helps in reducing weight
– Fiber, a complex carbohydrate which cannot be broken down or absorbed by body. It just passes from our digestive tract flushing out all the toxins from our body. It contains no energy, no nutrients but still plays a major role in the well-being of our body.
Benefits of Fiber:
- Fiber helps in reducing weight: regular fiber intake as it’s weighty and contains no calories leaves less or no space for other foods in stomach. Hence avoids extra calories.
- Healthy digestive system: as it flushes out all the toxins from body and trigger bowel movements.
- Feel fuller for longer duration: high fiber foods needs time to pass through our digestive tract and thus we full fuller.
- It helps in controlling cholesterol and blood sugar levels.
- Colon walls get stronger by having fiber.
- Reduces the risk of ovarian cancer in women.
- Improves the health of Gut Bacteria: high-fiber diet prevents from lower gut microbe range and thus prevent allergies, asthma & obesity.
How to eat more fiber?????
- Always have breakfast full of fiber: make a habit of having porridge, oatmeal, sprouts in morning breakfast. They are heavy, nutritious and a good start of a day.
- Have three fruits daily: include at least three fruits in your diet as :
1 banana = 3 grams
1 pear = 4 grams
1 large apple = 4 grams of fiber
1 cup strawberries = 4 grams
1 guava = 5 grams
1 sweet lime = 3 grams
Have Flax seeds:
Can mix powdered flax seeds in soup, yogurt, and salads etc. one tablespoon can raise your fiber requirement by 3 grams. It contains Protein, Thiamin, Manganese, Phosphorus, Magnesium, Copper, Omega-3 fatty acids. Helps in reducing cholesterol and comfort in menopause symptoms.
Substitute refined flour by whole grain:
can include wholegrain crackers, whole grain bread but always look for ingredient ‘whole’ in whole-grain products.
Take beans and chickpeas three times a week:
one-fourth cup can add 5 g of fiber in your diet. They contain more fiber than plant foods and high in proteins. Can have it with rice or as a salad. Like chickpeas are eaten as Chole-Bhature, Rajma-chawal, a popular version.
Can have popcorn:
popcorn, the favorite snack for movie watchers. One can have them without worrying about the calories.but make sure the popcorn is made the desi style i.e. dry roasted in salt. The ones puffed in butter or oil are very high on trans fat. So have during office hours or while doing work.
Opt for salads:
can have it before lunch or before dinner. These raw veggies have no fat, no sodium. Helps in reducing cholesterol levels and fulfill the need for 2 g of fiber.
- Can eat potatoes without peeling: the outer cover of potato contains at least 3 g of fiber
- Opt for lettuce over cheese: add lettuce to your sandwich rather than cheese. They contain fiber and also helps in reducing calories.
- Treat yourself with colored and leafy vegetables: these are low in calories and high in fiber and also helps in reducing weight.
can make drinks by adding slices of fruits like strawberries, cucumber, berries etc.
Eat handful of nuts everyday:
variety of nuts like dried apricots, dates, figs, peaches, pears,almonds etc. are ready foods and can be easily eaten and are full of omega 3 and source of energy and fiber.
SO EAT HEALTHY STAY HEALTHY.